Etiquetes » Telefonica

"We'll pay you not to work": Telefónica targets its staff aged over 53

I had to read the heading twice when a colleague sent me this link to the CIPD website.

The item describes a new policy introduced by the Spanish broadband and telecommunications provider in which it is offering staff aged over 53 years who have been with the organisation for more than 15 years, the chance to stay at home, and not work; they would receive 68% of their salary. 274 more words

In The News

O2-Three Merger Would Be Bad News, Warns U.K. Regulator

The U.K. has Europe’s most competitive mobile operator market but, as in many countries right now, carriers are looking to consolidate. The British telecoms regulator, Ofcom, is advising EU competition authorities that the trend risks going too far. 22 more words

Business

O2-Three Merger Would Be Bad News, Warns U.K. Regulator

The U.K. has Europe’s most competitive mobile operator market but, as in many countries right now, carriers are looking to consolidate. The British telecoms regulator, Ofcom, is advising EU competition authorities that the trend risks going too far. 324 more words

Tech

Spain's ​Movistar to Offer Champions League Matches Free-of-charge

MADRID — Giant telco Telefonica’s paybox Movistar will offer free-of-charge the remaining matches of the European Champions League’s current season for the users of its service Fusion Plus, the company announced Jan. 493 more words

News

China Unicom Establishes JV For Big Data Service With Telefonica

China Tech News — China Unicom and Telefonica will establish a joint venture named Smart Steps Digital Technology Co., Ltd for big data services. China Unicom will hold a 55% stake in the joint venture while Telefonica will hold the remaining 45%. 27 more words

China

Aura - Hackathon 'Everyone included' from Telefonica

On the weekend of October, 17th in 2015, I attended the Hackathon ‘Everyone Included’ organised by Telefonica at the Mobile World Centre in Barcelona.

The aim of the hackathon was to develop applications for the Internet of Things using the sensors provided by the organisers. 260 more words

Paybox Movistar Plus to Produce Eight TV Series a Year in Spain

MADRID — In a watershed move for Spain’s TV production sector, giant telco Telefonica’s Movistar Plus, Spanish leading paybox, unveiled Friday part of its long-anticipated TV production plans, that will include eight-to-ten original TV series productions a year, starting from 2017. 644 more words

News